Sunday, February 5, 2012

MDAnderson Second Opinion

We went to MDA this past week for a special liver scan and a second opinion on the path forward. My surgical oncologist there delivered the great news that it definitely had gotten smaller and has changed in character, which apparently is a good thing. MDA and my oncologist here agree that the best thing to do is two more cycles of chemo and then surgery to remove the lesion. I have decided to use a surgeon at MDA this time and surgery is scheduled for March 27th. I love my previous surgeon but he does big complicated surgeries (which i had the first time) and my new one specializes in cholangiocarcinoma.

I have had a pretty good week off. The chemo fatigue is compounding and I feel pretty tired a lot of the time. This week was the first time in months I have not taken pain meds for the back pain that we believe is caused from chemo. That alone is a reason to celebrate! The back pain has been the most difficult part of chemo for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment