Sunday, September 11, 2011

Surgery Plans

After visiting with both the San Antonio and Dallas transplant teams we decided to go with San Antonio. The surgery is scheduled for this Thursday and unless something changes Eric and I are headed up there Wednesday. The surgery will be somewhere between three and eight hours long. After that I will be in ICU for a couple days, then to a private room for 3-5 days. Eric will update the blog for everyone post surgery until I am able to.

I am really hopeful that they can remove all the disease with negative margins and cure me of this scary disease. I would love nothing more than to get back to our "boring" life without this huge cloud of anxiety over my head. Eric has been amazing over the past few weeks and there is no way I could have held it together without him.

1 comment:

  1. Stacie/Eric,
    My family will continue to pray for a successful surgery and clean margins!

    ReplyDelete