Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Great Week

We have had a great week. My Mom and I went shopping a few times and it was great to do normal activities. The girls now have most their winter wardrobes! I may have over done since it has taken two days to recover from all the shopping. So worth it though!

I spend a great deal of time everyday eating and trying to take in as many calories as possible. After not eating for 3 weeks, I have to gain back 10 pounds. It is a lot harder than you would think. The liver regenerating eats up a ton of calories.

Next week is full of doctors appointments. Monday we are going to San Antonio for a follow up with my surgeon and getting a second opinion on follow up treatment from another oncologist. Tuesday we meet with the radiation oncologist in Austin and the rest of the week we will be in Houston consulting with MD Anderson. After getting three opinions, we will decide what treatment I will do. While I am not looking forward to chemo and/or radiation, I am ready to have a plan and move forward. The sooner it starts, the sooner it will be over!

Today is Eric's 30th birthday! We had a good day full of snacks, BBQ, and cake!

1 comment: