Monday, December 5, 2011

Round Two

I started my second round of chemo today. I was a little bummed because I was just starting to feel back to normal. The Internet was off and on so unfortunately I did not get to catch up on my shows. On a good note, I sat next to a really nice women, who I found out is a coworker of friend. She also found out she had cancer shortly after her baby was born. It was strange to find out how much we had in common and it was great chatting with her for the day.

Chemo is going pretty well. The nausea is generally controlled with meds, but the fatigue I just have to sleep off. The only hiccup I have had is a low white blood cell count which was fixed with a shot. Today all my blood work was good! Since it is going relatively well, we are going to do three rounds of chemo before my next scan.

I did successfully ask my oncologist a question he had never been asked. His nurse claimed she had heard it all until I asked if I could continue my laser hair removal while undergoing chemo. They got a good laugh and said I could "laser away!" I am thankful that it doesn't appear that I am going to lose my hair on the current chemo meds.

I can feel my unwelcome visitor shrinking by the day!

2 comments:

  1. Shrink, shrink, shrink!!!! Looking forward to hanging with you next monday!
    -Erin L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie- you are hysterical!!! Laser zapping is the best thing ever!!!
    Keep well!! All our love- Juliet x

    ReplyDelete